Friday 5 August 2016

What to do on a long Vacation
 

By Nnamdi Edu

 

Who knew how quickly the holiday would end? It was hard to acknowledge staying at home for a time of four months. The uneasiness it made was palpable. Extremely hard to acknowledge in light of the fact that I had not experienced such since I started my graduate studies. It was most noticeably worse when it became glaring that summer classes will not hold for graduate students. Nevertheless, as the Lord would have it, the holiday is over with loads of blessings from the Almighty God. The activities I set out on this period are exceptionally valuable of which I would love to share with friends.

For one, I chose to learn from the millipede. This creature belongs to the class of arthropods and is great at moving gradually. The creature is persistent in nature, consequently; a few people take their moderate nature for weakness. Patience became a value that I regard extraordinarily of this creature. I have recently understood that whatever will be will be. The best thing to do is to be patient with time and individuals. Every time I watch the millipede, which I am yet to find in the Philippines, I see a life full of hope.

Besides, it was a period of keeping up with reading. A time to revisit textbooks and other websites to study some of the complex ideas I came across during the class period.  A few questions got answers. While I do not see myself handling everything I had problem with, I was able to go through the most difficult ones.  I am not tired of reading because it is the only pathway to academic success.

Thirdly, the journey during this vacation turned out to be additionally intriguing with my own Bible study time. I will probably share one of the Strategies I found in instructing the Bible. I had a troublesome time in applying neighbor nudging in my classroom. It was this period that I connected it to the diverse setting and the outcome was sure. At the point when a man creates time for Bible studies, he would find such a variety of things about God's promises. What's more, when one is established in these promises he turns out to be more successful amidst difficulties.


That said, I am sure I have new ideas that will help me during this new semester and beyond.  Today, I am ready to start the semester with vivacity.  For me, it is a time to apply some of those values and new discoveries that I believe will help me to accomplish my requirement this semester.  I encourage every student to dispel fear and inculcate patience, reading and Bible study during their holidays. The reward is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment